Sunday, May 3, 2009

Love is a mix tape.

Well it has been quite some time since we've updated.

I have been busy since last Wednesday because my best friend drove down from Canada to visit me. A brief synopsis of our relationship would be to explain that we met via the internet as 13-year-old role playing geeks, and since then we've remained best friends for nearly a decade. Around 15/16, we first met in person and ever since then - we've been visiting each other once or twice a year, whether it's my country, her country, or a different country all together.

Sean may be my soulmate, but she is my other half. It was so awesome to have her here, as it always is when we get to see each other. I wish she lived here permanently, although I'm sure she'd appreciate an actual bedroom and not just a futon in the living room. Our week and a half highlights include pottery painting, a failed roadtrip to Cleveland, karaoke, 80s night and Cantaloupe Party, reading the manuscript for our book and our favorite - speeding through the Fort Pitt Tunnels late at night with the windows down.

It's always hard when we part ways, but we're very practiced at it. We only get to see each other a couple weeks in a year, but it's part of the reason why our friendship is so awesome and has lasted so long. We know how to make it work. So here's to looking forward to the next time we get together, which will either be Canada in the summer or England next year!



Love you, Hezabelle!

Love;
Faebala
(points to anyone who can guess the reference to that nickname)

No comments: