Friday, March 27, 2009

Its What I Do...

After reading Sarah's post of how I was entertaining her with my humorous "tired talk" you might be wondering, what makes Sean so tired?

Having been working 10 hour days for the last 3 weeks, which by the way last until May 15th, I thought that I might take the time to give a sample of what I do during those strenuous work days.....Plus I have been at work for 8 hours and I need something to do during the last 2.

I am a Game Artist at a game company outside Pittsburgh, where my day to day duties consist of Conceptual Drawing, 3D modeling characters, level assets, etc.

Here is a example of a character being designed start to finish.

-First I start with a rough drawing of the character in model sheet form (all done digitally).
-I then ink the character.-Pick a color scheme and finalize the concept.-The concept is them modeled in a 3D application.

-The model is then unwrapped and textured.


-The 2d texture is applied to the 3d model.


-Finally, the model is then rigged by animators and imported into the game engine.


Its a lot of work, but I love my job. It beats working in a factory, waiting tables, or selling fucking TVs to assholes all day.


-Sean

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you do all the steps except the last one?